Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oh the Joy

Monday brought a world-wind of surprises.
And so it begins.
Sunday evening, our sink decided it didn't want to drain anymore.
Nope.
And recruiting a partner in crime, the tub as well decided not to drain!
Hmm..this was getting a little weird.
So we called our landlord.
Monday evening...in come the plumbers.


It turns out that the pipes froze!
Over the Christmas break it got so cold 
(thank goodness I was laying on the beach) 
that the pipes froze
However, our apt wasn't that bad because Shannon stayed over break and left the heat on
Thanks Shan-Dawg
So after draining the sink
(haha the plumbers wanted to know who ate all the lettuce...whoops sorry! I love my salads :)
and draining the tub...over they headed to our friends apartment three doors down.
Well, unfortunately, none of them were home over break
and being that 3 of the 4 girls are from California
they didn't realize that they needed to leave the heat on.
Oh no!
So their apartment flooded.
After moving their entire apartment into the kitchen
and ripping up the new carpet
and drying up the water
We have temporary roommates.
So in our family room are set up mattresses for the girls!
Note to self: Make sure you don't turn the heat off!

On a brighter note!
I would like to take a second and give an ode to my favorite store ever.
Costco.
I am pretty much in love with this store.
It is that amazing.
I am pretty sure all the door greeters know me because I love to go in there and shop.
Being gone for almost 2 weeks I had absolutely nothing in my apartment
so...
off to Costco I go!

Shopping List

1. Bread
2. Almond Butter
{way better than Peanut Butter..and for all you non-believers..come on over and I'll change your mind with the best Almond Butter and Banana sandwich. It will change your life}
3. Case of water bottles
4. Salmon
5. Frozen berries
6. Bananas
7. Carrots
8. Lettuce
9. Strawberries
10. Orange Juice
12. Tomatoes
13. Tuna

I walked out a happy camper 
after stopping for a second to browse through People and Us Weekly.

It's true, I absolutely love grocery shopping. 
But really. I do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment