Monday, January 10, 2011

Grab some Veggies

If there is one thing I love more than chocolate
It would be movies.
I absolutely love sitting down in the big comfy seats
and enjoying a nice movie.
This weekend I was anxiously awaiting Country Strong.
I was so excited!
1. It's a country movie...obviously I was excited
2. My favorite Blair Waldorf  (aka Leeighton Meester) was in it!
3. The studly and handsome Garret Hedlund was in it as well.
Friday night after work, I rushed over to the theater where Lauren, Gabby and Scott were saving me a seat
The movie was amazing
Different than what I expected, but so so good
Everyone needs to see it!
And then ask me for the soundtrack because I am obsessed
{wow, go figure, me obsessed with something! Shocking I know}
Along with Country Strong I saw True Grit
which was also muy bien!

My half-marathon training has been going GREAT!
It is fun to work towards something, and it has been fun mixing up my exercises
Running.
Spin.
P90x!
My roommate Gabby is in love with P90x so I told her I would be her buddy!
Let me tell you...I am very sore.

Sunday night- a great time to prep for the week
Which means...food food food!
I like to prepare my meals early because I get so dang busy in the week!
This is an easy pick me up that everyone should try!
I got the recipe from my mom.
My mom: The 10-miler runner, healthy eater, most amazing person ever!

Mix it all up


3 tomatoes
1 cucumber
As many green beans as you can handle (I am a tad obsessed with green beans so I throw a ton in)
1 red onion
Red Vinegar
Parsley


Just cut up all your ingredients 
(You can use more or less, it's whatever you like! I like to make a whole lot so that I can eat it for a couple of days. Anywhoo cook your green beans and cut up the rest of your veggies. Throw them into a bowl and put some red vinegar on it and some parsley, stir it up and stick it in the fridge to chill it! its yummy. oh and I LOVE avocado in it!




Who knew Vegetables could taste so good!!
Happy Monday!

1 comment: