Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hola Mexico!

This Christmas was the first Christmas I didn't spend at home. 
And I came to find
that was just fine.
{oh wow, I even rhyme! haha}
Because I spent my Christmas day zip-lining through the jungles of Matzlan and laying on the beach.
Spending a week with the people I love.
Not too shabby.
Mackenzie and I flew out of Salt Lake Tuesday, December 21st right into L.A.
I had to work that morning, so right from work I drove to Lehi and parked Henry (aka my car)
in front of my grandparents house
Poor fellow. I'm gonna miss him!
But off we go to the airport.
Kenz and I caught our flight with no problem, and were greeted at LAX 
by my mom, aunt, cousin and Macey.
The rest of the fam was at the hotel, and my dad and Miranda were flying in later that evening.
It was raining in LA which was no fun at all, but at least it wasn't very cold!
Love California.
The next morning we waited to set sail.
After a quick grab and go at Starbucks
(that was one large line of 16 people ha)
we headed to the boat!
We were so excited when we saw it sitting in the harbor.
Everyone was anxious to board!



Once we boarded, we had to have a mandatory fire drill. 
(We felt like Titanic...everyone in their life-vests. But, we did learn...do not say Titanic!)
When we first boarded the ship we were handed a sheet of paper.
A scavenger hunt.
Perfect.
Competition=My Family.
Winner=Prizes.
Even more perfect.
So away we went 
(well the kids did...the parents just gave us our cards and said go get our stamped...typical)
Exploring the decks were so much fun!
There were 14 total.
On our excursion, we even got massages!

After we got our card stamped, we headed down to the main deck for the Set Sail Party
Lots of music.
Lots of people.
Lots of drinks.
Lots and lots of fun.
We even won two prizes for the Scavenger hunt!
Even better.
Free internet and free BINGO

After the party we went to go check out our rooms.
Our Cruise Director
aka my daddy
{this handsome fellow right here}
arranged all the rooms so that we were 
all right next to each other.
Well, except the 3 boys.
Which turned out to be a not-so-bad accident.
The rooms weren't too shabby!
Nonnie and Papa had a room with a balcony...so sweet.

The first 2 days we were sailing, so we enjoyed the cruise ship.
This means.
1. Food
2. Karaoke
3. Chess and lots of card games
4. Laying out on the deck
5. Comedy Shows
6. Dance Shows
8. Food
9. Gingerbread Houses
10. Dancing

{if you are wondering who the guy in jeans and a towel is..well that would be my uncle...enough said}

{The parents partied more than the kids!}



Our first stop was Puerto Vallarta.
It was Christmas Day and we got ready to go zip-lining through the jungle.
We took a trip in the back of a car up to the place.
It was quite the ride let me tell you.




When we got to the zip-lining place, we had to harness and helmet up


Yes. Everyone looked this funny. 
Not just our crazy group.
Let the zip-lining begin!
It was so much fun. We would fly through the jungle and over creeks 
It was amazing.


When we finished our last run through the jungle.
They surprised us with mule rides back up to camp.
Probably the best part seeing P.J. ride the smallest little donkey.
Loved it.
{Imagine seeing this coming up the hill. It was one for the books...poor donkey}

Puerto Vallarta was amazing.
A great way to spend Christmas!
Our next stop was Matzlan.
Here, we went on the ATV's all over the plantations.
I think we were all even more excited for this.
Let's just say that my family has a...need for speed!
And my amazing favorite (only) brother was the..uhm..let's just say he rolled his quad and made Mackenzie fly off of her's 
and always making sand fly into your face.

{I'm pretty hard core though too...if I do say so myself}

After the 3 hour ride...you can imagine what we looked like!
Sand, Dirt and Sweat...what a great combo!




The last stop on our 7-Day Riviera Cruise was Cabo San Lucas!

We were all looking forward to this stop because my family has been there before.
We have a house in Cabo, but it was nice to do a little something different.
And when I say different...I mean amazing
In Cabo we got to swim with the dolphins!
What a great experience it was. 
I have always wanted to do this, so I was very anxious.
We all got on our wet-suits and were ready!
(pics from the actual swimming with the dolphins are on their way)

{I think they liked the wet suits a little too much}


{Wow mamma, getting a little short there!}
{All of the kids}

The trip was amazing. 
So much fun, and definetly more than I ever could imagine.
I got to spend time with my most favorite people in the world.









I love my family! 
Thank you everyone for such an amazing trip.
How I wish I was back in the sun!


1 comment:

  1. this loooks SOOOO fun! You have a beautiful family my dear!

    ReplyDelete