Saturday, January 8, 2011

Just like the T.V shows!

I watch the shows.
Okay, lets re-write that.
I am obsessed with the shows!
Grey's Anatomy.
Private Practice.
Love them both.
Well, I am happy to say that my nursing lab was just like the shows that I love!
Friday morning I got to experience the official nursing scrub in!
5 minute sterile procedure scrub-in into the OR (operating room)
It was amazing, and so much fun!
{yes, I said it! School is fun}



Along with scrubbing in, we got to practice IV's!
I have never had an IV before, so I was so nervous to get one...
but more nervous to insert one!
Paige and I buddied up
{I just lover her}
This is how it went down.
Thursday we were told to eat a "hardy breakfast"
hmm...faint much?
I think the teachers wanted to prepare us.
Great.
We get into lab.
The teachers run through the procedure on a fake mannequin hand
Then we each proceed to do the same.


Next.
Partner time!!
I couldn't believe that we already had to put them in our buddies!
Let the practice begin!
Pokes.
Blood.
Blood Vessels.
IV rearrangements.
Great fun.
Okay, okay, I may look a tad faint, I knew I should have had that juice box. 


I am seriously so blessed to be in nursing school. I am anxiously looking forward to this semester because it is the first semester we are actually in the hospital!
We are on the medical surgical floor/OR. 
Let the fun begin!

Tuesday: Med-surg and Pharmacology: 6 hours

Wednesday: Research: 3 hours

Thursday: Clinical: 10 hours

Friday: Front-loading lab: 4 hours

Nursing School: My life

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH!!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful blog with me. Girl you are SO GORGEOUS!!! I can't get over it!! THis is so exciting...your first scrub in is huge! Good thing you didn't faint:) I am obsessed with Grey's....I think I will go home and watch it when I get home!

    ReplyDelete