Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dear Santa

At work, I see little kids all dressed up in their Christmas best.
When asked where they are going, they tell me they are on their way to see Santa.
They are just so cute!
It made me remember the good old days.
Having a secret santa in 1st grade
Making construction paper santa's in 2nd grade
Singing Ruldoph the Red Nose Reindeer with a blinking red nose in 3rd
Writing our letter to Santa and mailing it to the North Pole
I think this year my letter is a little different

Dear Santa, 
How is Ruldoph doing? Is he getting ready for the big night!
I hope his nose shines bright
This year for Christmas I would like to get through finals
Actually Santa, I just want to get through Pathophysiology
I would really really like that!
I promise I will leave you really yummy cookies
Thanks Santa, I hope you are staying warm in the North Pole
I promise I have been good this year
Love, 
Madison

and so on and so forth
Christmas as a kid was always the best
Mom and Dad always made it such a special time
{and still do}
Every year we would go and cut down a fresh Christmas tree

One year Brandon and I picked out the biggest tree we could find!
We had to tie fishing wire around the tree and to the ceiling of our house because it was so big
22 feet tall! No tree will ever top it
The house was always decorated
Christmas treats were always in the oven
Christmas Eve we open up our one present...pajamas of course!
And every year we ask if we can open up "just one more!" 
{Mom and Dad never caved}
We set up our cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer
We reenact the Nativity story
Mackenzie always ended up as the donkey!
All the kids go to bed in the same room...anxiously waiting for the alarm clock at 4:30am to go off
{Granted, every year we try to push the time back...but Macey is still our Christmas morning girl}
Christmas morning, lots of excitement, fun, joy and PRESENTS
Disney Christmas Day Parade {My absolute favorite thing even today...and yes I am 20}
Christmas is such a fun time. 
Now more than ever I am missing all our Christmas traditions
Mom will call and tell me she is making the sugar cookies for frosting
Dad is putting up the lights outside the house
Only 2 more weeks and I will be with them!
Can't Wait!





{These photos are from Christmas 2006}
{p.s. can I just take a moment and say how stinking CUTE my parents are!!!}



{Christmas 2009}

No comments:

Post a Comment