Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pile of Books

I am currently sitting in my apartment reading my Nursing Perry and Potter Book, learning all there is to learn about 
inserting catheters, urinary tract infections, characteristics of urine, and so on and so forth (can you tell that this week we are learning about urinary elimination!) 
Anywhoo, sitting here trying to read, but looking out the window thinking to myself,
 "Geeze, I hope this wind doesn't send a tree crashing down on my car outside. Good ol' Henry would not like that." 
But seriously, it is getting crazy outside! Needless to say, I LOVE FALL. The colors, the crisp cool air...makes for a perfect perfect run (which is exactly what I will be doing when I am done typing this)
 Back to my reading and all my scattered thoughts. I look at my desk and see the accumulation of books that I actually want to read. 
I think it's my own fault really. I buy all these books with the intention of reading them, but in reality I should realize that being a nursing student I should plan on only reading books that have to do with bodily functions, the different phases of pressure ulcers, how to deal with old people (Gero class), and vital signs. 
But I can't help myself.
I love books.
One day, I plan on reading all of them. That's what vacations are for right! Book reading. So that's my plan. I will keep buying books that I want because someday I will get to them. 
Talking to my darling mother on the phone she told me how she is excited to catch up on her own reading on the cruise. Perfect idea mom! I will do the same. So for now its bowel elimination, medication administration and oxygenation, but come December it will be...romance, mystery, and politics!

Madison's Book List (bought and ready to read!)
1. Finish reading Spoken from the Heart by Laura Bush
2. Decision Points by President George W. Bush
3. Look Again by Lisa Scottoline
4. The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
5. The Rescue by Nicholas Spark
6 Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
7. A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Spark
8. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
9. The Host by Stephanie Myer

{So I may not get to them all, but it's a start!}

{Best place to buy books? Costco of course! I know, I am kind of obsessed with the place}

1 comment:

  1. Madison! I love your blog! Time Travelers Wife is AMAZING!!! and so are the Nicholas Sparks books....I haven't read the Rescue but it's on my list! Haha and I just bought two books that are sitting on my shelf that are just waiting to be read....

    ReplyDelete