Sunday, November 21, 2010

Once in a Lifetime

10:15pm- get dressed for the occasion...running spandex, over the knee socks, sweats, 2 running spandex shirts, sweatshirt, ugg boots
{We may be smiling...but it was FREEZING!}

10:30pm-pack a bag of essentials- snowboarding coat, scarf, gloves, beanie, food, ipod, one tree hill season 6, dvd player, change of clothes, pathophysiology hw (who I am kidding)
11:00pm- lauren picked me up and we were on our way!
11:45pm- arrived at Costco in Sandy and laid out our blankets and sat in line amongst the other 100+ people...and waited.
1:00am-still waiting

3:00am- still waiting
6:00am- some more waiting
{loved LOVED watching One Tree Hill}

7:00am-and waiting
8:00am- WRISTBANDS! #158 and #159
10:00am- waiting
           {So many people}
{This was our buddy right by us...we called him BED BOY. That's the way to spend 14 hours waiting! With a blow up mattress}

12:00pm-still waiting

1:00pm- MET PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH


{Pictures of President Bush credited to the Salt Lake Tribune-no cameras allowed}

Wednesday evening I find out that President Bush will be making a visit to the Costco in Sandy, UT on his way back home to Texas. Lauren and I decided to join the other 1200 people and go and  meet him. Both of us didn't have work (it was meant to be) and so we get ready for the cold and the best day ever. Let's just say it was worth the freezing weather, the hard cement, the hunger and the day-old makeup. When we got our wristbands, it seemed so much more real! We had to pass through secret service which was so cool! It was just like the movies...walkie-talkie watches and all! Then, the time came! We walked into the room, and there he was, PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH!!! He was amazing. So genuine, so sweet and down to earth. I was just BEAMING. Ha ha I go and shake his hand and just ramble about how much I love him and appreciate all that he has done (with a smile that was about 6 miles long) He laughed and thanked me for everything and then kissed my hand! I couldn't believe it. Such an amazing man, so humble with such a love for his country. It was a day I will never forget. So many veterans were there from WWII who just love President Bush. It was a great way to pass the hours by listening to their stories. Thank You for giving me the life that I have now. Thank You for protecting our country. I left with 2 books signed, and a memory that will last a lifetime.  




No comments:

Post a Comment