Friday, November 12, 2010

Oldies but Goodies

Dear Police Man-
I wish you hadn't given me that parking ticket. Ok, yes. I may have been parked in a No Parking Zone, but it was only for 10 minutes while I was running into my apt to change. I even told you this when I saw you pull up. But you still proceeded to give me a ticket. And you were rude. 

on a happy note...

...Yesterday

LAST DAY OF NURSING CLINICAL!

no more...waking up at 4am to start rounds at 5:45, taking endless and endless vitals, changing soiled linens, changing briefs, giving shots (granted, thats fun), smelling like old people all day.


A Day in the Life of a Geriatrics Nursing Student
1. Wake up at 4 am (which includes setting a couple of alarms, just in case my "alarm doesn't go off..aka snooze too many times)
2. Drive to Salt Lake
3. Split off into our floors (thank goodness I had Miss Meliss on my floor)
(It was her 20th bday so I made cupcakes!)
4. 6am...it begins! Go into patients room, wake them up to take their vitals (they weren't very happy to wake up that early)
5. Get patients up and shower time!
6. Change the clothes and the briefs
7. Assessment!
8. Breakfast (for the patients)
9. Meliss and I looking at the clock...it is only 8am


...and the day continues...

But hey, it was fun while it lasted. I grew an appreciation for older adults. They have so much knowledge and life history. Can't complain. Next semester...hospital! 
Medical Surgical.
(Two of my favorite girls! love them. Melissa and Paige)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, that was right when I saw you that you go the ticket, what a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CANNOT wait to get out of the nursing home and into the hospital! Only 3 weeks left for me. :)

    ReplyDelete